- when making an appointment booking, participating in a meeting or participating in any promotion;
- via www.wbrace.com.au or other online sites operated by Brace and its related companies; and
- under any other agreement or arrangement. This Privacy Statement will also apply to any information about you that is provided to us by someone else such as an agent.
Brace Real Estate and its related clients (collectively referred to as “we”, “us” and “Brace”) will be subject to the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (Cth)). This Privacy Statement explains in general terms how Brace protects the privacy of your personal information under the National Privacy Principles. It will apply to any personal information you provide to us:
This Privacy Statement does not apply to Brace’s employee records, which are generally exempt from the legislation.
What information do we collect?
The types of personal information that we collect from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the type of service you request from us. For example, when you request an appointment to make product and price enquiries, we may collect details such as your name, address, telephone numbers, gender, age, marital status. As we are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of ‘sensitive information’ we will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information which is provided to us for use in accordance with this Statement, unless you tell us otherwise.
- from people making enquiries on your behalf;
- from market research companies contracted by us to obtain information so that we may improve and market our products and services; or
- from third party service providers on www.wbrace.com.au
How we collect information
We may collect personal information about you when you deal with us over the telephone, send us correspondence (whether by letter, fax or email), visit our web sites or when you have contact with us in person. As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party. For example:
- to enable us to contact and communicate with you knowledgeable about your particular circumstances;
- to facilitate our enquiries on your behalf with the understanding of your needs;
How we use your personal information
We generally collect your personal information for the following purposes:
To conduct marketing activities and to conduct market research
Some of the personal information we collect is essential for us to be able to accurately identify who is using the service. Other types of personal information we collect help us to profile who is using our services and what their interests are.